Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Visons 2

schools need to understand that all people need visioning. 

the teacher assumes and then forgets, because they already have their vision, their study, their nice little papers, books, their legacy of students raptly listenting to them, worshipping them. learning after all is the last and only hierarchy. one person knows and another doesn’t. what else is life about, knowing and not knowing.

but in order to know a person must start from somewhere. thus their need for visioning. a place to start.

some people turn their knowing into making money. from Katherine Kaw’s novel Ultra Luminous:

The junk-bond guy and I are back at the dim-sum parlor. The dessert-cart lady makes a beeline for me.
    “You are my customer, I remember what you like,” she says
    The junk-bond guy gives me a pointed look. She is absolutely right that all I want for lunch is egg custards, just texture, no taste. I take four of them and the junk-bond guy passes her a folded-up five.
    “Do you miss Bonus Day now that you’re retired?” I say.
    He smiles at me.
    “I got my bonus in hundred-thousand-dollar checks. That was the highest amount payroll could issue. I got a stack of them. Have you ever seen a hundred checks for a hundred thousand dollars?”
    “I get paid in cash,” I say.

other people turn their knowing into making music, or building buildings. often a person sees what they want to do before they do it. its even easier if they see it within the context of where its going to happen.

but in order to do this, a person needs to be able to compare it to how it feels. visions take place within feeling tone environments. this is why it can be so scary to go somewhere new. or so exciting. because we enjoy finding out how our visons (the ones that already exist) fit with new feeling tone environments. because visons are the opposite, the inside out reverse of feeling tone environments. thats what seeing is, what vision is: we see the opposite inside out reverse up side down of our feeling tone environment. this might be why kids can be so contrary. when seeing the opposite of what is, it's easy to get confused.

so a vision starts getting created, made by the friction of what is imagined vs. what is: the opposite. the inside out. the right to left to right again.

and eventually a person can have a vision that fits. its best if it actually exists within a world that IS, so that all the person has to do is actualize what IS.

its also easier if what is to be actualized is in reality, like a building, or a cake, or a new born baby, or a happy tired person at the end of a satisfying day. more abstract ideals are not impossible though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment